Sunday, September 11, 2011

My job, and recent ramblings.

The thing is about my job is that.. I'm around airplanes. Today I parked two C130's full of reservists' doing there once a month duties. I parked corporate jets in a hangar, and I talked to an old, awesome dude flying a C337. I'm sharing knowledge amongst other pilots, young and old. It's a great feeling to talk to someone who knows what it's like to take to the sky, so I must say that I love my job. I'd love any job that has to do with being around airplanes. I consider myself damn lucky to be a part of it.

Other news, I'm taking up the SkyLane RG this week. Can't wait to get into something with a handful of power. Love the sound of the Lycoming IO540. Now.. if there was only a way to fit that into a Super Decathlon.. woah.. I'm thinking way too far ahead of myself.

Getting back into the Super D on the 23rd.. I can't wait any longer. Working at my other job doesn't make it any easier, seeing it out of the corner of my eye, yet I can't fly it. Oh well..only one more week until I'm hanging upside down by shoulder harnesses pushing negative two G's. Well, that brought a smile to my face.

And lastly, I've been flying with a kid who is too young to start taking flight lessons, I think he's only around 10 years old. He is a child prodigy when it comes to this. I let him take the controls and I sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. When he isn't flying with me, he's on his computer at home flying on Flight Simulator, and  to be honest, at his age I was doing the same thing. He has a natural talent for this, and there's not a doubt in my mind that as soon as he gets behind the controls when he's old enough to take lessons, he WILL solo in less then three hours. Teaching this kid how to fly is like taking a small step towards my dream of becoming a flight instructor. It's an amazing experience.

I'll be flying a whole bunch this week, and next.. so I'll try to get some good pictures. If you want to go up flying with me at any time, I'd love to take you. Facebook me.. ;)

Until next time,

Keep the green side up and the blue side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment